Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
- rotisserie skinless chicken breasts 4
- butter 3 tablespoons
- sweet onion 1 cup
- garlic cloves 3
- green bell pepper ½ cup
- Monterrey jack cheese 2 cups
- green (tomatillo) salsa 1½ cups
- fresh cilantro, divided ¾ cups
- can green chiles 4 ounces
- ground cumin 1 tablespoon
- cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon
- smoked paprika ½ teaspoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper ½ teaspoon
- fajita size flour tortillas 10
- heavy cream, divided 1 cup
- chicken stock ¾ cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, green pepper, and garlic for 6 to 7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken, salsa, cilantro, cumin, paprika, half of the cream, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir well and add additional salt if necessary.
- Place about 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the chicken in the center of a tortilla and roll up. Place the enchilada, seam-side down, into the prepared baking dish. Continue this process with the remaining flour tortillas.
- Whisk together the remaining cream, the green chilies, the cilantro and the stock and pour over the enchiladas. Sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese over the enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.