Dark Chocolate Beet Brownies
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature plus more for buttering baking dish
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 oz. cooked peeled whole beets from an 8.8 oz. package (about 2 medium beets), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter an 8×8-inch baking dish and line the bottom with parchment paper (remember to butter the top of the parchment too).
- Melt butter with chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk in sugars. Whisk in eggs one at a time until each is thoroughly incorporated. Stir in beets, vanilla and salt. Add flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake in middle of oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until just set. Let cool on a rack. Cut into 9 squares. Enjoy!